HummingByrd’s Coaching is founded upon the need to positively transform how people communicate and do business globally, helping leaders know themselves and who they wish to be, and lead from a place of self-awareness, transparency, confidence, curiosity and vision.
We help leaders achieve positive, long-term, measurable change in behavior in their work and life that is sustained, recognized, and acknowledged by direct reports, peers, and senior colleagues, exceeding both individual and organizational expectations.
HummingByrd believes that leadership is defined by the choices we make. Accordingly, we empower leaders to make their choices while minding their “Target Impact” – balancing their own needs and vision, the needs of their organization and stakeholders worldwide.
A HummingByrd Case
We helped a senior leadership team at a multinational financial services company improve their meeting performance and global visibility through a series of individual coaching sessions designed specifically to each member’s development needs.
HummingByrd engaged the Team using a 5-step process:
1. Identify goals, target business outcomes and measures to ensure growth with HR, the coachees and senior managers – confirming full understanding, alignment and buy-in for the program
2. Conduct and debrief assessments identifying the coachees’ strengths and development opportunities – including 360-degree Feedback, Team Management Systems (TMS) and Saville Assessments (depending on needs and expectations)
3. Create individual development plans for the coachees that outline development targets, key action steps / behaviors and expected outcomes, confirmed by the senior managers and stakeholders
4. Execute and integrate individual development plans with the coachees, ensuring regular progress, management of development barriers and regular feedback with seniors managers and stakeholders
5. Measure progress and sustainability with re-assessment interviews, performance and feedback reviews, regular monitoring and check-ins with coachee, senior managers and stakeholders
In addition, we engaged each coachee in highly realistic simulations, feedback & feed-forward action planning. Meeting twice a month (at minimum) we were able to fully support all team members in implementing their development plans, including on-demand Skype sessions, strategic planning sessions and post-performance debriefs.
By the end of the program, senior managers and stakeholders reported significant improvement in the coachees’ global meeting facilitation, participation and discussion skills, coupled with increased confidence and leadership presence.